PALEO INSTANT POT BUTTER CHICKEN
Paleo Instant Pot Butter Chicken with gluten-free dairy-free full-fat coconut milk. This Keto and Whole30 Instant Pot Butter Chicken recipe is easy and takes 10 minutes cook time. Use chicken thighs or breasts for the most easy flavorful Paleo Whole30 Instant Pot recipe plus tips on what to make with extra butter chicken sauce !
- 2 +2 tbsp ghee, , dairy-free clarified butter
- 10 garlic cloves, , peeled
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root
- 2 to 3 large shallots
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, , boneless & skinless (alt. Chicken breasts)
- Two 14 oz. diced fire roasted tomatoes, , canned
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk, , canned
- Cilantro, , garnish, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instant Pot Butter Chicken Dry Spice Seasonings:
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika, alt. sweet paprika
- 1.5 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- Prep: Roughly chop garlic cloves, ginger, and shallots. Combine ingredients under “Dry Spice Seasonings” in one bowl. Set aside.
- Instant Pot: Press Saute function - add 2 tbsp ghee. When the oil is melted, add chopped garlic, ginger, and shallots. Season with pinch of salt. Saute until fragrant (about 2-3 mins). Add Dry Spice Seasonings. Give a quick saute to slightly warm up the spices (about 10 seconds). Turn off Saute function.
- Add 2 cans (28 oz.) of fire roasted tomato and scrape the bottom of the pot to ensure that nothing is stick to the bottom. Add chicken and cover the sauce over each pieces. Seal the lid and valve. Press Manual - 10 minutes. When done, natural release until the valve drops (should take about 10 mins).
- Scoop out the chicken. Add ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk and 2 tbsp ghee. Puree the sauce using an immersion blender until creamy smooth.* Dice the chicken to bite sizes and add them back to the sauce pot. Give it a stir and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve the butter chicken over slightly cooked cauliflower rice or mashed (sweet) potatoes.