Keto Pizza Pockets
Easy keto pizza pockets using mozzarella dough. Almond flour mozzarella dough is a game changer. If you only ever try one low-carb recipe, this is it. See the conversion below to see how to make these using almond flour or coconut flour.
- Metric - Cups/Ounces
- Mozzarella Dough
- 170 g pre shredded/grated cheese mozzarella
- 85 g almond meal/flour
- 2 tbsp cream cheese full fat
- 1 egg medium
- pinch salt to taste
- Pizza Pocket Filling Ideas
- pre shredded/grated cheese
- tomato paste
- pepperoni slices
- peppers sliced
- mushrooms sliced
- Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, salt and mix gently.
- Roll the keto cheese dough between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper. Do not roll as thin as a thin pizza crust. It needs to be a little thicker so it is sturdy and will hold the pizza filings. See photos in this post.
- Remove the top baking paper/parchment. Cut the dough into squares the same size as your toasted sandwich maker.
- Place one square on the bottom of the sandwich maker, add your choice of fillings, place another square of dough on the top, press the lid of the sandwich maker down and cook for 3-5 minutes until golden.