Creamy Keto Taco Soup with Ground Beef
"This keto-friendly, low-carb, Southwestern taco soup is full of ground beef, cream cheese, heavy cream, and spices. Freezing is not recommended."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chiles (such as RO*TEL®)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- Combine ground beef with onion and garlic in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Add cumin and chili powder; cook 2 minutes more.
- Drop cream cheese into the pot by bits and mash it into the beef with a big spoon until no white spots remain, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in broth, diced tomatoes, heavy cream, and salt. Cook until heated through, about 10 minutes more.