THE BEST VEGAN “EGG” SALAD
This Vegan Egg Salad is the best, thanks to 2 secret tricks! Full of plant-protein, it’s a great breakfast or lunch recipe.
- 2 blocks Medium-Firm Tofu, pressed*
- 1 cup Cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
- ½ tsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Fresh Chives, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp Kala Namak (Black Salt)*
- ¼ cup Filtered Water
- Black Pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp Turmeric (Optional, for color)
- Remove the Tofu from its package and press for 10-15 minutes. Then, the Tofu to a clean, dry towel and wrap it up while you prepare the “dressing.”
- To make the Mayo “dressing”, add all of the remaining ingredients, except for the Chives, to a high-speed blender and process until thick and creamy.
- Uncover the Tofu and use a knife to roughly chop it; I cut mine into thin strips, then on random diagonals to make a variety of chunks. Gently press another clean towel on top of the chopped Tofu to remove any excess moisture, then transfer to a bowl. Add in the Chives and dressing, and fold until well incorporated.
- Add more Black Salt and Pepper to taste, then serve as desired. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 7 days; this recipe will not freeze well.