Slow Cooker Cheesecake by Martha Stewart
For the crust:
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- Lightly coat a 6-inch springform pan with cooking spray; line the bottom with parchment paper and coat it lightly cooking spray. Fill a 5-to 6-quart slow cooker with 1/2-inch hot water. Set 3 (1-inch) balls of aluminum foil in the center of slow cooker. Wrap the slow-cooker lid tightly with a clean kitchen towel, gathering the ends at the top to absorb condensation.
- Make the crust: Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared pan and press it evenly into the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of the pan.
- Make the filling: Place the cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and pulse until smooth. Add the eggs and process until combined. Add the yogurt or sour cream and process until smooth, scraping down the sides of bowl as needed. Pour the filling into the pan on top of the crust. Gently tap the pan on a work surface to remove air bubbles.
- Place the pan on the foil balls. Cover with the towel-wrapped lid and cook until set and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 155°F, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours on the HIGH setting (do not cook on LOW). Turn off slow cooker and let the cheesecake rest, covered, for 1 hour.
- Carefully transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours and preferably overnight. Carefully remove outer ring from pan and transfer cake to a plate (remove parchment). Use a warm knife to cut into wedges, wiping blade after each cut.