Easy Peasy Cheesy Mayo Chicken
Easy Peasy Cheesy Mayo Chicken is sure to become a family favorite. It's moist, flavorful and melt-in-your-mouth tender using one simple trick!
- 4 (4-ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place chicken between two sheets of plastic film. Starting from the thickest part, pound the chicken with a meat mallet to flatten. Season with pepper to taste.
- Arrange in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet or oven-safe baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Spoon the mixture over chicken fillets, spreading to cover the surface completely.
- Bake in a 400 F oven on middle rack for about 20 minutes or until thermometer inserted reads 165 F. If topping is browning too much before chicken is cooked through, loosely tent with foil.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for about 3 to 5 minutes before slicing. Serve hot.