Carolina BBQ RubNutritional Guidelines (per serving)51 Calories
This is a fantastic, classic-style Carolina barbecue rub recipe. Try this rub next time you're in the mood to make traditional Carolina Pulled Pork or a couple of racks of ribs.
- 1g Fat
- 11g Carbs
- 1g Protein
- 1/4 cup/60 mL paprika
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL salt
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL white sugar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL ground cumin (cumin powder)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL chili powder
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
Steps to Make It
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, salt, brown sugar, white sugar, ground cumin, chili powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper; use as a dry rubon pork, chicken, beef, lamb, and vegetables. Make sure that rub has a fine consistency and that the brown sugar leaves no clumps.
- To apply the rub, gently pat onto all surfaces of meat and cook as directed.
- If making ahead of time, store in an airtight container in a cool place for up to six months after preparation.