White Chocolate Mousse with Rose and Pistachio
This is a sweet and floral dessert that you really can’t go wrong with. It's delicate and mild, perfect for Mother's Day, Valentine's Day or any other day!
- White Chocolate Mousse
- 1/2 cup heavy cream 125 ml
- 1/2 cup white chocolate 100 gr
- 4 oz cream cheese 115 gr
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp rose syrup see recipe below, + more for drizzling
- 2 tbsp pistachio paste see recipe below
- 1/2 cup rose petals unsprayed, 10g
- 3/4 cup sugar 185 ml
- 3/4 cup water 185 ml
- 1 drop red or pink food coloring if desired
- 2-4 tbsp pistachios
- Place sugar and water in a pan over low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add the unsprayed rose petals* and leave uncovered, on barely simmer, for around 30 minutes. Mix with food color, if desired. Strain the syrup into a clean bottle, seal and leave it to cool.
- You take your shelled pistachios, blanche them in hot water for 30 seconds and then remove the bitter purple skin. **
- Then you place them in a food processor, high power blender or spice grinder and grind until a fine paste. A mortar and pestle could also work, although it probably won’t be as fine.
White Chocolate Mousse
- Whip heavy cream until firm peaks, set aside. Melt chocolate, using a double boiler or microwave***.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese, rose syrup and pistachio paste, melted white chocolate, powdered sugar and salt. I used a handheld mixer.
- Now, using a spatula, carefully fold together the cream cheese mixture with the whipped cream. Divide between two glasses or bowls. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour to slightly firm up, but may also be eaten at once.
- Serve with extra rose syrup and chopped pistachios. Store leftovers covered in the fridge for two-three days.