Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Do you love twice baked potatoes, but need an easier way to make them? This Twice Baked Potato Casserole is packed with delicious flavors and can be made much more quickly than traditional twice baked potatoes. This casserole is a family favorite!
- 4-5 pounds unpeeled potatoes baked I prefer Yukon gold
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut warm baked potatoes into bite size pieces. Place half in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with half of salt and pepper. Layer half of bacon, sour cream and shredded cheese.
- Repeat layers. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and the entire dish is warm. Sprinkle with onions and enjoy!
- ***If using cold or room temperature baked potatoes this recipe will take more than 20 minutes to bake
- Dairy products rule. As a former dairy farming family, we’re a big fan of dairy products because they taste great and we know that we’re supporting other farm families like our own when we buy milk, cheese, sour cream and yogurt at any grocery store.
- I love using Yukon gold potatoes with a thinner skin.
- Adjust your ratio of potatoes to yummy toppings based on your preferences. We love a high ratio of dairy products in this casserole!
- Bake time is only 20 minutes as long as the potatoes are warm. If using leftover baked potatoes in this recipe that are cold or room temperature bake time will be longer.
- We love our basic Pyrex baking dish with a lid. We always hope there will be leftovers and the lid makes life so much easier!