Texas-Style Blueberry Cobbler
A sweet and buttery blueberry cobbler that is perfect for summer.
- 12 Tablespoons Butter 1 1/2 sticks, divided
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar plus more to sprinkle on top
- 3 cups Blueberries
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest grated
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Milk or Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 4 Tablespoons Butter in 9 x 13 baking dish. Place in oven and let butter melt, watching carefully.
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together blueberries, 1/4 cup of sugar and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, remaining 1 1/4 cup of sugar, and salt. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining 8 Tablespoons of butter. Whisk in melted butter (let cool for several minutes before adding) and milk. Stir until smooth.
- Remove baking dish from oven and pour batter into the pan.
- Dollop blueberry mixture evenly over batter. Generously sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown and edges are crisp -- about 42-48 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream.