TEXAS SAUSAGE HASH BROWN CASSEROLE
This deliciously easy breakfast (or side dish) recipe for Texas Sausage Hash Brown Casserole recipe is easy to make with lots of flavor!
- 2 cups refrigerated hash browns
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced yellow pepper
- ½ cup cooked sausage crumbles
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Mexican shredded cheese, divided use
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp cumin (or taco seasoning for a bigger kick of flavor)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cilantro (optional), for topping
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Spray a 2-quart (or 8-inch square) casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mix together hash browns, diced peppers, 1 cup cheese, sausage, 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese, heavy cream, cumin, salt & pepper.
- Pour hash brown mixture into prepared casserole dish. Top with remaining 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until top is a golden brown.
- Sprinkle on some cilantro, and serve.
- Optional: Add diced tomato, avocado, or salsa as topping for some extra flavor.