Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Garlic
A super creamy roasted cauliflower soup with roasted garlic and coconut cream makes for the most comforting weeknight dinner. Gluten Free and Vegan
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1 head garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika optional
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika optional
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk (optional, use almond flour instead if sensitive to the taste of coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- For garnish:
- handful chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the top off the head of garlic, revealing a small portion of each clove. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Toss the cauliflower florets with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake the cauliflower and garlic for 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions. Cook until translucent (a few minutes).
- Add carrots and celery. Cook for a few minutes. Add paprika and salt.
- Add vegetable broth, and bring to a boil.
- Add roasted cauliflower and garlic to the pot (squeeze the garlic paste out of the cloves)
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree until smooth with an immersion blender.
- (** Taste the soup and if you are happy with how creamy it is there is no need to add coconut milk.) Add coconut milk (or other nut milk) and nutritional yeast. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve topped with any leftover roasted cauliflower florets and chopped parsley.