POTATO BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
Broccoli Cheese Soup is warm, inviting and loaded with cheesy goodness! Add potatoes and chicken to this soup for extra flavor. A delicious dinner any night of the week!
- 1 cup uncooked chicken cut into small pieces
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 pound broccoli frozen or fresh
- 2 potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 cube butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pound velveeta cheese
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Simmer chicken in broth for 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes and then broccoli to the top of the chicken. Cover pot and steam on low heat for 7 more minutes.
- In separate pan over low heat melt butter, bouillon, milk, and cheese together. (If you prefer, you can add all to a glass bowl and microwave. Cook on high for 3 minutes. Stir well. Cook on high for 1 more minute. Stir.)
- Mix sauce with chicken and veggies. Do not drain broth.
- (You can leave out the potatoes and chicken if you prefer just broccoli).