This chicken ramen is an easy and flavorful 30-minute skillet dinner! With veggies, noodles, chicken, and an addictive sauce coating it all, this is a dinner the whole family will love!
- 3 packages (3 ounces EACH) ramen noodles, seasoning packets discarded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, separated
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste (or ~1 inch fresh ginger)
- 1/2 of 1 large red bell pepper (~2/3 cup), chopped into small pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 2 ounces chopped mushrooms, (~3/4 cup) chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2-3 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon packed dark or light brown sugar (I like dark)
- 1 large chicken breast OR thigh (1/2 pound), chopped into small bite-size pieces
- Fine sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Garnish with sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds, 3-4 green onions, 1-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, and a few drizzles of sesame oil
- Follow package directions to cook the ramen noodles. Discard seasoning packets. Drain noodles and toss with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger. (I grate fresh garlic and ginger on a microplane OR if I'm in a hurry I use ginger paste! If sensitive to ginger feel free to reduce) Saute for about 2 minutes until soft. Add the red bell pepper, broccoli, and mushrooms. Saute for 3-5 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, sriracha (to taste; we add in all 3 teaspoons but it does have a bit of heat!), and brown sugar. Whisk until combined and set aside.
- Chop up the chicken into small bite-sized pieces. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste (both sides). Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and add the chicken to the other side. Cook the chicken, stirring until no longer pink, about 2-3 minutes depending on size it was cut to. Now combine everything and pour the sauce over it all. Stir.
- Add drained noodles on top and toss with tongs until noodles are coated in sauce and all ingredients are incorporated in. Add a few drizzles of sesame oil to taste. Add toasted sesame seeds, green onions, and cilantro as desired. Enjoy immediately.