Vegan Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Portable and easy meals, like the classic tuna salad sandwich, are an essential. This chickpea vegan tuna salad is a delicious vegan alternative. Try it!
- SCALE 1x2x3x
- (2) 15oz cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained (or 3 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1 shredded carrot
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- Just Mayo or alternative vegan mayonaise, approximately 1/4 cup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- optional: extras like mustard, dill, etc
- Roughly mash the chickpeas in a medium size bowl. I like to leave some chunks of the peas in the mash.
- Add the carrot, celery, onion, salt and pepper and mix well with a fork
- Add mayo to desired texture of creaminess (I find tastes really vary in this regard)