Lasagna Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 chicken breasts about 6 ounces each
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup all-natural marinara sauce
- 1 free range egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- 4 thin mozzarella slices
- 2 Tbsps chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 4 Tbsps fresh chopped basil, divided
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees f. and spray, or brush a baking dish with cooking oil.
- Using a sharp knife cut a deep pocket into the side of each chicken breast.
- Season with a touch of sea salt, black pepper, oregano, garlic and add a tiny drizzle of olive oil. Using your hands rub the seasonings/oil into the chicken very well.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg together with ricotta cheese, parmesan, fresh parsley, thyme, 2 Tablespoons of basil, and a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Whisk well to combine mixture.
- Stuff the ricotta mixture equally into each chicken breast pocket that you created, then gently place the stuffed breasts into the prepared dish.
- Spoon marinara evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Cover with a lid, or foil and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Arrange the mozzarella slices over each chicken breast and bake uncovered for an additional 2 minutes, or until cheese is melty.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil and enjoy!