If you saw what I consume for breakfast every day, you would be so bored. Don’t get me incorrect, I really love my every day eggs & avocado, but currently I’ve been seeking to transfer things up just because I assume change is ideal each every now and then. especially if that exchange manner some other excuse to smother things in peaches.
This quinoa breakfast bowl is inspired by using the lovely bowls of oatmeal that I see all over the internet. you recognize those – they’re chock complete of colorful fruit and other diverse superfoods. They’re so pretty that they make me desire I preferred oatmeal… so finally I had the idea to make a candy non-oat quinoa bowl for breakfast.
To make the bottom of this recipe, I cook quinoa in almond milk with a few cinnamon sticks. It’s this simple: Almond Breeze + quinoa + entire cinnamon sticks. you may additionally get creative along with your spices. Nutmeg, cardamom, and/or vanilla bean would all be welcome here.
Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Prep time : 5 mins
Cook time : 20 mins
Total time : 25 mins
Swap out your oatmeal for this delicious, protein-packed quinoa breakfast bowl! Top it with your favorite seasonal fresh or dried fruits, nuts, and seeds. Vegan and gluten-free.
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk, Original or Vanilla
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks
- piece of a vanilla bean, or ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- toasted sliced almonds
- toasted coconut flakes
- maple syrup, optional
- extra splashes of almond milk, optional
- more spices, to taste (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.), optional
- Rinse and drain the quinoa.
- Place it in a small saucepan and add the almond milk, 1-2 cinnamon sticks, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a high simmer, cover and reduce heat to a low simmer for 15 minutes. (Tip: don't walk away, if it starts bubbling, turn the heat off, give it one stir mid-cook if you need to, and resume).
- After 15 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and let the quinoa sit for 5 more minutes or until the almond milk is absorbed and the quinoa is cooked. Taste and add additional spices to your liking.
- Scoop the quinoa into two bowls and top with toasted almonds, toasted coconut, and fruit. Serve with maple syrup if you like. Enjoy as a fluffy pilaf, or as more a porridge with warm almond milk poured on top.
- - Cooked quinoa can be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days. Serve at room temp or heat it as you're ready to serve. If it's dry, add a few more splashes of almond milk.
- - Sub in whatever seasonal fruit you like, dried fruits are also delicious here.